Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't Shh Me!

In College Lit we were talking about how have we ever been censored. The only person who has ever really censored me has been myself. When I'm around my parents, or adults of any manner, I tend to contain my real opinions and I censor my language. I think very carefully before I speak.

I think being a younger person makes it so I'm more censored. People who are older tend to have more experience in life so they think someone of lesser age doesn't know anything. They don't want to hear your ideas or opinions. This isn't true for everyone but it has happened a couple of times.

When I'm around my friends or others my age I am a little more outgoing. I let back and let my ideas flow. I dont censor what I say and I express my true feelings. This is the main reason why I vent to friends, because I don't need to censor myself around them. This is how I have been censored in my life.

3 comments:

Kels said...

I totally agree! I censor myself around certain people but my mom also tends to censor me a lot too. It's times when you want to say something to someone but you don't know if it will help or just make things worse. So you decide not to say it at all and just keep things how they are and hope they get better later. Great blog!

Daniel DeBoer said...

But who is censoring you? You are. The idea that older people know more has been generated by those who believe it. You may say you don't but your actions say you do. What other reason do you have to censor yourself around them?

Nicole said...

You make a really good point..and parents wonder why we don't talk to them about our issues....it's because they would be worrying about the way we say it instead of what we're really trying to say. Well that's atleast with most parents..