Thursday, November 13, 2008

PUT ME IN THE GAME

In class we were talking about a time where we didn't fit in. Now for me it’s hard to choose because I have so many awkward moments where I don't fit in. Let's just say I march to the beat of my own drum.

One time in particular was the powder-puff game of 2008. It’s always juniors vs. seniors and I was really excited. I paid for my t-shirt/jersey. I decided to go to the game because I love watching our High School football team, this should be fun too. I put on my "jersey", slipped on my jeans, and laced up my chucks. As anyone could tell by the way I was dressed that I wasn’t planning on playing. I jump in my car and blast some hip hop so I can get pumped for the game.

I arrive to find that most of my close friends didn't decide to show. Feeling awkward and a little alone I swallow my pity and walk over to where the rest of the girls in my class are standing. Finding one person I can talk to I loosen up and start to feel like myself again. We cheered for our team and had tons of fun.

My friend and I got so into the game we wanted to play, problem, we weren't wearing clothes easily played in and we knew almost nothing about football. The "coach" put us in and we were ready...the only thing we needed to know was to tackle the person with the ball. So running full speed with all my might I get two tackles. It was an amazing adrenaline rush. I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a sport...and I've played them all.

What my main point is if your in an awkward situation just be your self and make the best of it. It may just be the best time of your life...you never know. The worst times could be the best.

5 comments:

Shauna L said...

I really liked your post.
I agree with just making the most out of something, even though it may be awkward. That's awesome that you ended up having a great time.

Lisa said...

Well, I HAD a comment...but when I tried to do one of the little funky icons...Kyle ended up deleting the WHOLE thing while trying to make a music note!

Anyways, most people just end up making awkward situations more awkward. They go to a place where they don't know people and instead of being their normal outgoing self, they tense up and shut up. Then, they're just the creeper in the corner that everyone is gawking at. So go you for making the best of an awkward situation and having fun!

Alyssa O said...

yea...sorry i had work! i totally wanted to be there. Well, good job dealing with the awkward situation because you know how well I've done w/ awkward in the past lol

Winnie K said...

Good for you Marisa. You have the guts that I don't. If it was me, I would have turned down the music and slowly driven away so no one would have noticed that I came.
The fact that you went to the game and played is pretty brave. KUDOS(I don't think I spelled that right) TO maRISa!!!!!!!!!

Keenen D said...

Ha yea, you're right, you must be yourself to have a great time. I remember that Powderpuff game. That was great. I didn't know you girls had that type of fire in you!