Thursday, November 6, 2008

Voice of a Dancer

This I believe: that everyone has a voice inside them. Everyone expresses their voice in different ways: sports, music, writing, etc. I express my voice through dance. I let my emotions carry me through each move.

It's like telling a story without any words. You use body language to speak. I think of how I want to portray my message through each step. Multiple dancers could be doing the same choreography, but they are each giving their own personalized statement. I believe that in anyway you express your voice it has to have raw emotion or else your message won't be clear to others.

When I'm at a competition I put all of my energy into every move. No matter how tired or exhausted I get I just keep on smiling. I believe my message wont get lost. It's like using every last breath in your body to tell your story. At the end of it all you feel accomplished and have the privilage of knowing that you did your best. There is no more that I could have done and I feel proud with my best.

Put your heart and soul into everything you have to say. Say it loud and say it proud, cheesy I know. But if you never put everything you have in it you'll never get anything out of it.

3 comments:

Ky-Ky Bebeh said...

Marisa! :D

I love your first blog!! Partly because I'm a dancer too, but it's just so true!

One of the best feelings about dance is when you get to express all of your emotions through inspiring movements of your body. If only we could do more of it this year, especially with our own studio time.

Keep posting awesome blogs as this first one was definitely very good and honest.

Kyle >:D

Nicole H. said...

That is really deep. I love it and I totally agree. You do have to put effort in to get something out of it. I liked the story you did too. You made it sound very important to you which made it even more meaningful.

Anna said...

I agree that everyone has a voice. I think that more people should say what they want and I should do this too. I could feel that this was very important to you when I was reading this.