Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sliding Down The Land

For my cool writing presentation in College Lit I chose to do it on the song Landslide by the Dixie Chicks. I chose this song because my mother and I always listen to it in the car and sing along with every word.

The deeper meaning behind this song to me is one of a journey of change. I believe its about a woman climbing her way up in society (a mountain) and having a great situation to be in. Then something terrible (a landslide) brought them down to reality and is having them remember what it feels like not to be on top.

They become so accustomed to their life style they don't know how they can change to become anything different. At the end of the song it seems that she is giving someone advice not to make the same mistake.

This is why I picked the song Landslide by Dixie Chicks

2 comments:

Shauna L said...

I remember listening to that song all the time when it was on the radio! I really like how you read deeper into the song. I like how you described it as a "journey of change". That song does really show the ups and downs life has.
Great post!

Shauna Ohhh said...

OH MY GOSH! I've never thought of that song like this before. Thank you for making me understand it alittle bit better! :)